Monday, May 24, 2010

everything's better with buttercream

With these scrumptious photos, I present you with the announcement of my new (three days a week) job: Miss Mamie's Cupcakes, Cakes & Such located in the Marietta Square where I play assistant to Mamie herself, cake and pastry extraordinaire! 

In the most un-random, unearthly orchestrated email during what we know as the era of job crises, and while Bryan and I were in Florida for his grandmother's funeral, Mamie contacted me about coming in to interview to work for her. We had met with her a couple of times because she is the creator of our little two-tier wedding cake:

In the email she commented about our unique style and the fact that we designed our own cake. And from this, new work spawned.
So now, even though I've moved downtown, you'll find me back in Marietta Wednesday-Friday at Miss Mamie's doing everything from mixing batter to fondant flowers (below) to finishing lovely cheesecake cupcakes with cherries on top. And don't worry, we all get our fair share at the dishes since there isn't a dishwasher:)
toasted coconut nests on chocolate buttercream for baby bird cupcakes--gone are the days of naked plastic baby toppers!
my first day on the job, my first fondant assignment--i felt like i would need to become an engineer just to make these cupcake toppers!

Working at Miss Mamie's has been GREAT so far! And while I'm still doing a little writing and working up photography, getting this opportunity became the icing on the cake! The only problem may be that Mamie, from Michigan, does not understand the South's love for red velvet...but I won't mind being the taste tester any of these particular batches in question:)

5 snaps:

Abby said...

the cooolest! perfect for you!!!

tin can photography said...

thanks-it has been a really neat experience so far:) and i'm really glad you guys are having one awesome experience right now too! please eat some fish and chips for me out of a newspaper cone with vinegar doused on top!

lauren elizabeth said...

my mom told me about this! how much fun! cupcakes are my favorite! can't wait to see more pictures :)

Anonymous said...

What a perfect match. Good thing you don't believe in coincedences - good girl. If people have not tasted these treats, they are wonderful and great for events to order. daddy

Sarah said...

Neat neat neat! What a cool erin job for sure! Glad to have found the new blog and have a sec to comment!

Post a Comment