Tuesday, August 30, 2011

morning walk


Even if it's only with myself, a "staff meeting" is a must. I've learned this recently. Depending on whether Saturday is a wedding work day or not, I usually have a Monday Morning Meeting or a Tuesday Tin Can Talk (because alliteration makes it more fun). And sometimes I'm fortunate to be accompanied by my husband...because he loves me...and probably because he's in this business either way. (But to be honest, he's the technical genius behind my artistic eye.)

There are no real rules to the meetings yet. I prefer they are out of the "office" so I can gain a little vitamin D and a change of scenery. And they should probably include coffee. Tasty brunch food is also more than welcome. And sometimes they include a little walkabout time or drive around town to gain a little inspiration. Overall, we usually generate a good list of goals for the week. (Whether these things are always obtainable or whether we always reach them or not is another matter!)

Growing up, I remember my parents starting their own business. I can't imagine going out on this shaky limb with three kids under your wing. Even as an adult,  I find I continue to experience new ways to be thankful for the two people who cared for me and fostered my growth.

So this is just a little post to let you know we're still chugging along and to ask you all to keep our business in your thoughts and prayers. As Bryan and I walked to breakfast this morning the air felt cool and refreshing. And after our juice fast last week, we feel a little renewed ourselves. As we watch kids beginning to fill the campuses around us (go gamecocks!), I picked up a new Agenda for the season and we're ready to get down to business for another year!

4 snaps:

Abby said...

you guys are just the coolest ever. I am SO proud of you both, and love how you live life.

lauren elizabeth said...

love this! i also love tin can tuesdays of course because of my similar love for alteration ;)

i agree with abby, so proud of you and your courage and seeking out what you love. praying for you my dear!

also i changed up my blog address, too many weird people making comments so make sure to still check, even though my posts come in spurts every few months or so :)

lauren elizabeth said...

oh and you should totally frame those pictures at the top of your blog and put them in your apt. they are perfect!

Anonymous said...

You two are so talented and I am so proud of you!! I just wish I could see you more. That's what happens when you are so talented---everyone wants you. I love you both very much. MeMaw

Post a Comment